Remember back to the year 2002?
- The cost of a first-class stamp is $.37
- 2002 Winter Olympics took place in Salt Lake City
- MTV reality show, “The Osbournes” debuted
- Kenneth L. Lay, chairman of the bankrupt company, Enron, resigns during the federal investigation of the company for hiding debt and misrepresenting earnings
- Pennsylvania miners are rescued after spending 77 hours in a flooded mine shaft
- John Allen Muhammad and John Lee Malvo are arrested for sniper attacks around the DC suburbs killing ten and wounding others.
- Serena Williams defeated Venus Williams at Wimbledon
- Deaths: Milton Berle, Rosemary Clooney, John Gotti, Ann Landers, Princess Margaret, Dudley Moore, Johnny Unitas, and Ted Williams
- Movie debuts: “My Big Fat Greek Wedding”, “Chicago”, and “Gangs of New York”. “Spider-Man” was the year’s box-office blockbuster, grossing over $406 million.
- John & Lisa opened The Bacchus Inn B&B in Cape May, NJ!
That is correct, 10 years ago John & Lisa opened the doors to a new bed & breakfast in Cape May, The Bacchus Inn. They started with 1 house and 6 guests rooms. Because John was also in the wine business at the time, it seemed to make sense to have a Bed and Breakfast with a wine theme. It proved to be a success and 2 1/2 years later they purchased the house across the street (formerly The Brass Bed) expanding the number of guest rooms to 13.
To celebrate the first 10 years in business, there are special discounts and special events planned for the end of the summer and the fall. Be sure to check back to find out more!