Archive for the ‘General’ Category
January 22nd, 2015 by johnmatusiak
Studies have shown that not taking vacations is linked to health problems. One study found that men who were at high risk for heart disease but failed to take annual vacations were 32% more susceptible to dying from a heart attack.
Alternatively, taking vacations have been found to help us “recharge our batteries”; we sleep more and sleep better during vacation and continue to for a period of time after the vacation (potentially up to 5 weeks afterwards!). Our brain responses become quicker after vacations, ultimately making us more productive in our jobs. In a study conducted in 2010, 35% of Americans feel better about their job and are more productive after a vacation.
Other benefits of taking time away include:
- Vacations Promote Creativity
- Vacations Decrease Burnout
- Vacations Strengthen Bonds with Our Significant Other
- Vacations Improve Our Overall Well-Being (One study found that three days after vacation, the participants’ physical complaints decreased, their quality of sleep improved, and their overall mood improved as compared to before their vacation. These gains were still present weeks later for many of these participants, especially in those who experienced a more satisfying vacation.)
- Vacations Relieve Stress (No surprise here! Additionally, research shows that a satisfying vacation can lead to the experience of fewer stressful days up to five weeks later! How’s that for a return on an investment?)
Unfortunately, the reality is that about 25% of Americans don’t take any vacation at all. Some people just don’t take vacations often enough. While not everyone is in a situation to take a week-long vacation, there is no excuse to arrange a short getaway every once in a while. The Bacchus Inn Bed & Breakfast is a great choice for anyone looking for time away. Whether for an extended vacation or a quick getaway, The Bacchus Inn B&B will deliver a satisfying retreat to help you “recharge your battery”. Your job and your health depends on it!
May 1st, 2014 by johnmatusiak
Remember back to the year 2002?
- The cost of a first-class stamp is $.37
- 2002 Winter Olympics took place in Salt Lake City
- MTV reality show, “The Osbournes” debuted
- Kenneth L. Lay, chairman of the bankrupt company, Enron, resigns during the federal investigation of the company for hiding debt and misrepresenting earnings
- Pennsylvania miners are rescued after spending 77 hours in a flooded mine shaft
- John Allen Muhammad and John Lee Malvo are arrested for sniper attacks around the DC suburbs killing ten and wounding others.
- Serena Williams defeated Venus Williams at Wimbledon
- Deaths: Milton Berle, Rosemary Clooney, John Gotti, Ann Landers, Princess Margaret, Dudley Moore, Johnny Unitas, and Ted Williams
- Movie debuts: “My Big Fat Greek Wedding”, “Chicago”, and “Gangs of New York”. “Spider-Man” was the year’s box-office blockbuster, grossing over $406 million.
- John & Lisa opened The Bacchus Inn B&B in Cape May, NJ!
That is correct, 12 years ago John & Lisa opened the doors to a new bed & breakfast in Cape May, The Bacchus Inn. They started with 1 house and 6 guests rooms. Because John was also in the wine business at the time, it seemed to make sense to have a Bed and Breakfast with a wine theme. It proved to be a success and 2 1/2 years later they purchased the house across the street (formerly The Brass Bed) expanding the number of guest rooms to 13.
Look out for more exciting news to come soon – be sure to check back to find out more!
November 1st, 2013 by johnmatusiak
The 2nd annual Exit 0 International Jazz Festival kicks off November 8-10, 2013, in historic Cape May, NJ. Main Stage of the Fest is the brand new Cape May Convention Hall set up to accommodate 600 people in a jazz club setting. During the three-day Festival, over 100 international touring musicians will perform in Festival events held in Cape May Convention Hall and club venues throughout the weekend. The atmosphere is that of a European festival, with fest goers walking from venue to venue sampling the many styles of music from jazz, soul, reggae, blues, and R&B. Come and stroll along the beachfront and hear live music in the intimate Festival club venues that Cape May has to offer.
July 20th, 2013 by johnmatusiak
Summer is here and with it comes the heat. But it is OK because Cape May and the Bacchus Inn are prepared and welcoming.
The Atlantic Ocean is still cool but comfortable after the initial plunge. The sun is hot all day. The evening offers relief and a cool breeze. The Cape May beaches are always a welcome oasis down by the shore break. The breeze is pleasant and the sounds of the ocean are comforting. If the beach is too much one can always retreat to the shops, restaurants, or ice-cream parlor for a welcomed break.
The Bacchus Inn Bed & Breakfast is air conditioned. Afternoon refreshments include ice cold lemonade or a complimentary glass of sangria. If your ready for a snack
This weekend Historic Cold Springs Village offers the Celtic festival, Saturday July 20,2013. There is Celtic music and craft all day.
West Cape May is offering a Craft show this weekend at Wilbraham Park.
Come, visit and enjoy.
February 1st, 2013 by johnmatusiak
Valentine’s Day is an opportunity to let your love know just how special they are in your life. Sometimes our lives are so busy that it is tough to schedule quality time with each other. Wouldn’t a beautiful bouquet of flowers, fine chocolates, gourmet breakfast, and a quiet room far away from all your daily stress and worries be the perfect Valentine’s Day celebration? Take part in The Bacchus Inn’s special Valentine’s Day offer – Click here to view. We will make it easy for you, make your reservation now and we will take care of the rest. Come to The Bacchus Inn Bed & Breakfast for Valentine’s Day this year. Call us at (609) 884.2129 or click here make your reservation on-line now.
Check out our new Valentine’s Day video: Valentine’s Day at The Bacchus Inn
January 21st, 2013 by johnmatusiak
Cape May is all ready awaiting the 2013 tourist season with much anticipation. Come frolic in our surf, stroll our promenade, tour our Victorian Inns, relive our past, climb our lighthouse, browse our shops, fish our waters, enjoy an outdoor concert, be part of our night life, visit our gardens, hunt for “Cape May Diamonds”, or experience our natural beauty at one of our nature preserves.
Restaurants are serving up their fine food, shops are stocking their shelves with new inventory, and the beaches are ready to be relaxed on. We are ready for you in Cape May and we are ready for you at The Bacchus Inn Bed & Breakfast. Make your plans today! To check availability or make reservations, click on www.bacchusinn.com/reservations or call 609.884.2129
Cape May Beach
November 2nd, 2012 by johnmatusiak
Hurricane Sandy roared through Cape May County on Monday, Oct 29, driving a massive storm surge onto the barrier islands. Winds and rain started Sunday and continued through two high tides, coinciding with a full moon that night.
Thankfully for Cape May and other area shore-points, Sandy turned into a post-tropical cyclone before making landfall south of Atlantic City around 8 p.m.
By Tuesday morning, parts of the county looked like a war-zone, however, Cape May, the Wildwoods, Stone Harbor and Avalon fared better than expected. Avalon and Stone Harbor experienced an all time record high tide Monday night, but the water had receded by Tuesday afternoon and damage seemed minimal.
Many believe that the combination of the storm hitting 20 to 25 miles north of Cape May and some two hours before high tide, saved this area from immense flooding.
The Cove Beach in Cape May, NJ – Post-Sandy
If you have any questions or would like more information, please contact us at 609-884-2129 or 866-844-2129, email us, or use our online request form.