Remember back to the year 2002?
- The cost of a first-class stamp is $.37
- 2002 Winter Olympics took place in Salt Lake City
- MTV reality show, “The Osbournes” debuted
- Kenneth L. Lay, chairman of the bankrupt company, Enron, resigns during the federal investigation of the company for hiding debt and misrepresenting earnings
- Pennsylvania miners are rescued after spending 77 hours in a flooded mine shaft
- John Allen Muhammad and John Lee Malvo are arrested for sniper attacks around the DC suburbs killing ten and wounding others.
- Serena Williams defeated Venus Williams at Wimbledon
- Deaths: Milton Berle, Rosemary Clooney, John Gotti, Ann Landers, Princess Margaret, Dudley Moore, Johnny Unitas, and Ted Williams
- Movie debuts: “My Big Fat Greek Wedding”, “Chicago”, and “Gangs of New York”. “Spider-Man” was the year’s box-office blockbuster, grossing over $406 million.
- John & Lisa opened The Bacchus Inn B&B in Cape May, NJ!
That is correct, 12 years ago John & Lisa opened the doors to a new bed & breakfast in Cape May, The Bacchus Inn. They started with 1 house and 6 guests rooms. Because John was also in the wine business at the time, it seemed to make sense to have a Bed and Breakfast with a wine theme. It proved to be a success and 2 1/2 years later they purchased the house across the street (formerly The Brass Bed) expanding the number of guest rooms to 13.
Look out for more exciting news to come soon – be sure to check back to find out more!